Monday, May 21, 2012

Grab Bag Mania

So here's my plan for tomorrow, so that you all come prepared to practice.

1. We will take a 25 question test reviewing everything we have talked about between Thursday and the Blog.
2. I will go over the blog to make sure there are no questions.
3. We will do a little saddle part ID activity.
4. We will do a quick color review.
5. We will talk about feed and feeding horses.
6. You all will do a quick presentation of an assigned health problem.

Today on the blog I will give you some random questions to look up. As I look through tests I see random questions here and there. Because the topic is so random and brief, I don't want to do a whole lesson about it. So instead you can look it up. I will post the answers tomorrow. I will also post a copy of the test on here tomorrow as well as everything else we do.

1. What Phylum to horses belong to?
2. How many pairs of chromosomes do horses have? Ponies?
3. What is a female donkey?
4. What is a cross between a jennet and a stallion?
5. Which side do you always mount a horse on?
6. When is a horse in the prime of its life?

Also find this information. When you are checking a horse's general health you must perform a TPR. This is vet shorthand for total physical response. In this you must find the horse's heartrate, breath rate, and temperature. Can you find out what the average TPR of a healthy horse is for each of those measurements?

Hope your break is starting off awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment